MZA-C4-2 INSTALLATION GUIDE
2016-2018 CHEVY 1500 SKIDPLATE INSTALLATION GUIDE
IF YOUR MAZZULLA OFFROAD PRODUCT IS MISSING A PART OR HAS A DAMAGED PART, PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY.
Installation by a certified mechanic is recommended. Mazzulla Offroad is NOT responsible for any damage or failure resulting from improper installation or modifications.
Please use gloves, safety glasses and protective clothing during the entire handling and installation process.
1. Bolt the skid plate together using x 10 3/8” Allen bolts, washers and lock nuts as shown in supplied image.
2. Remove factory plastic valence and skid plate.
3. Remove bumper support brackets, chassis catch hooks, and lower skid plate
brackets. Chassis catch hooks are welded to the bottom side of the frame rail and will need to be removed with a metal cutting tool.
4. Remove interfering factory bumper hardware.
5. Remove the grill shell to access inside the factory bumper and loosely install the skid plate under the bottom flange using x 2 3/8” Allen bolts, washers and lock nuts in the existing factory center holes.
6. Hold skid plate into place and loosely install the lower supplied metric hex head hardware and washers while sandwiching the supplied round spacer to make up for the frame offset on driver side.
7. Center the skid plate with the two factory holes as shown in image on the underside of the bumper flange. Then drill the two outer holes to 3/8” and loosely install remaining hardware.
8. The skid plate mounting holes are slotted so you can adjust for best fitment due to large factory tolerances, once you have a desired fit then tighten all of the hardware and reinstall the grill shell.