MZA-C4-2 INSTALLATION GUIDE
2016-2018 CHEVY 1500 SKIDPLATE INSTALLATION GUIDE
IF YOUR MAZZULLA OFFROAD PRODUCT IS MISSING A PART OR HAS A DAMAGED PART, PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY.
Installation by a certified mechanic is recommended.
Mazzulla Offroad is NOT responsible for any damage or failure resulting from improper installation or modifications.
Please use gloves, safety glasses and protective clothing during the entire handling and installation process.
- Bolt the skid plate together using x 10 3/8” allen bolts, washers and lock nuts as shown in supplied image.
- Remove the factory plastic valence, valence support bracket, skid plate, lower skid plate brackets and any interfering factory hardware.
- Remove the chassis catch hooks (see image). The chassis catch hooks are welded to the bottom side of the frame rails and will need to be removed with a metal cutting tool.
- Remove interfering factory bumper hardware underneath the bottom bumper lip.
- Remove the grill shell to access inside the factory bumper and loosely install the skid plate under the bottom lip using x 2 3/8” allen bolts, washers and lock nuts in the existing factory center holes.
- Hold skid plate into place and loosely install the lower supplied metric hex head hardware and washers while sandwiching the supplied spacer to make up for the frame offset on driver side.
- Center the skid plate with the two factory holes as shown in image on the underside of the bumper flange. Then drill the two outer holes to 3/8” and loosely install remaining hardware.
- The skid plate mounting holes are slotted so you can adjust for best fitment due to factory assembly tolerances, once you have a desired fit then tighten all of the hardware and reinstall the grill shell.
Mazzulla Offroad is an after market off-road suspension and accessory manufacturer, we produce parts that are installed on factory oem designed applications that were never expected to meet the high demands of off-road conditions. The constant variables in environment or off-road terrain are not manageable by the oem or aftermarket parts. The factory and aftermarket parts will become worn out due to harsh conditions and will need to be maintained frequently. The risk and responsibility for the safety of the driver and occupants will solely be held at the vehicle owners responsibility. The installation of Mazzulla Offroad parts and accessories will need to be performed by a professional. Without proper installation techniques, the parts can fail and cause damage or harm to the vehicle and occupants. Do not purchase or install any Mazzulla Offroad products unless you completely understand these conditions. Mazzulla Offroad suspension systems are designed for OFF-ROAD USE ONLY. This suspension system is not to be modified from its original design in any way. Mazzulla Offroad is not liable nor held responsible for any injury’s or death that can occur from off-road use or as the result of product failure. Customer/driver assumes all liability in assuring that the suspension system is properly installed, maintained, and operating in safe conditions. The following are guidelines for maintaining a safe operating vehicle. Safety and reliability are our number one concern. Visually inspect all equipment for clearance and unusual wear. Regularly clean and inspect equipment such as suspension components, heim joints, bushings and all hardware. Replace items as necessary. All suspension components are available for individual replacement direct from Mazzulla Offroad. We strongly recommend the suspension system be installed by an authorized installation center. Mazzulla Offroad reserves the right to warranty any components that we have determined to be product or material defective. Off-road abuse can damage suspension components. After every installation we recommend checking the torque of all nuts and bolts to assure that the torque has taken after driving 500 miles. Some minor adjustments may need to be made.