MZA-C4-3 INSTALLATION GUIDE
2019+ CHEVY 1500 VALENCE/SKIDPLATE INSTALLATION GUIDE / PART# MZA-C4-3
IF YOUR MAZZULLA OFFROAD PRODUCT IS MISSING A PART OR HAS A DAMAGED PART, PLEASE CONTACT US OR YOUR INSTALLER IMMEDIATELY. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DISCONTINUE USE OF YOUR VEHICLE AND MAZZULLA OFFROAD PRODUCT UNTIL THE PRODUCT AND VEHICLE IS CORRECTED.
Installation by a certified mechanic is highly recommended.
Please use gloves, safety glasses and protective clothing during the entire handling and installation process.
INSTALLATION NOTE: Do not tighten any of the hardware until desired part location is achieved at the end of the installation. Due to large factory tolerances we have had to create slotted holes on all of the brackets and plates.
- Remove factory plastic valence, fog lights, any support brackets and corresponding hardware.
- Remove the front and bottom factory plastic skid plates.
- Remove the factory tow hooks.
- Now cut the molded plastic fog light/bumper support structure as shown in the supplied pictures. You will need to use an electric or air powered cutting tool.
- Slide the new billet tow hook into the chassis and loosely install one of the supplied 1/2” hex bolts into the factory front hole location. Now put “up” pressure on the front of the hook so that the rear is seated in the frame rail and drill a 1/2” hole through the outside of the chassis on the rear hole location using the tow hook as a guide.
- Now that the hole is drilled, install the supplied 1/2” bolts, washers and nuts while sandwiching the supplied fog light brackets on the outside of the chassis. Keep the hardware loose so that the fog light can be adjusted at the end of the installation. The multiple holes in the tow hook allows for adjustable stick out length in front of the valence.
- There are two metal structures underneath each frame rail, removing these is optional and would need to be cut off using a metal removal tool, this step is only recommended for a cleaner look.
- Install the supplied skid plate adapter bracket between the frame rails using the factory hardware. The adapter sits on top of the factory tabs not below.
- Install the new skid plate to the adapter bracket using the supplied 3/8” hex bolts, washers and nuts while re-using the factory hardware on the lower holes. Now slide the differential plate between the chassis and the skid plate and re-use the factory hardware as well.
- Install the bumper support brackets using the supplied 3/8” allen screws, washers and nuts on the outside while re-using the factory hardware on the inside.
- Install the valence angle tabs using the supplied 6 mm screws, washers and flange nuts to the existing factory bumper holes. Use the supplied tab location diagram to correspond the correct location for each numbered bracket.
- Attach the new aluminum valence using the supplied 1/4” allen screws, washers and nuts. You will need to slightly hand bend the valence to conform to the large radius of the factory bumper contour. Now adjust the valence plate to achieve the desired gap and tighten all of the valence hardware.
- Install the aftermarket fog lights.
- Tighten the tow hook/light bracket hardware and fog light hardware and adjust to desired position in the valence reveal hole.
- Tighten all of the hardware using a hardware torque chart as well as red lock tight on screws that do not have a locking nut.
- You might notice that the tow hook is not centered in the valence cutout because of the many different factory tolerances. To fix this you will need to install the supplied centering bezels. Make sure to the left bracket goes on the driver side and right bracket goes on the passenger side. Slide them over the hook and drill four new holes in the valence using the bezels as a template. Use the supplied 1/4” allen screws, washers and nuts.
Mazzulla Offroad is an after market off-road suspension and accessory manufacturer, we produce parts that are installed on factory oem designed applications that were never expected to meet the high demands of off-road conditions. The constant variables in environment or off-road terrain are not manageable by the oem or aftermarket parts. The factory and aftermarket parts will become worn out due to harsh conditions and will need to be maintained frequently. The risk and responsibility for the safety of the driver and occupants will solely be held at the vehicle owners responsibility. The installation of Mazzulla Offroad parts and accessories will need to be performed by a professional.
Without proper installation techniques, the parts can fail and cause damage or harm to the vehicle and occupants. Do not purchase or install any Mazzulla Offroad products unless you completely understand these conditions. Mazzulla Offroad suspension systems are designed for OFF-ROAD USE ONLY. This suspension system is not to be modified from its original design in any way. Mazzulla Offroad is not liable nor held responsible for any injury’s or death that can occur from off-road use or as the result of product failure. Customer/driver assumes all liability in assuring that the suspension system is properly installed, maintained, and operating in safe conditions. The following are guidelines for maintaining a safe operating vehicle. Safety and reliability are our number one concern. Visually inspect all equipment for clearance and unusual wear. Regularly clean and inspect equipment such as suspension components, heim joints, bushings and all hardware. Replace items as necessary. All suspension components are available for individual replacement direct from Mazzulla Offroad. We strongly recommend the suspension system be installed by an authorized installation center. Mazzulla Offroad reserves the right to warranty any components that we have determined to be product or material defective. Off-road abuse can damage suspension components. After every installation we recommend checking the torque of all nuts and bolts to assure that the torque has taken after driving 500 miles. Some minor adjustments may need to be made.