MZA-C4-3S INSTALLATION GUIDE
2019+ CHEVY 1500 VALENCE/SKIDPLATE INSTALLATION GUIDE
PART # MZA-C4-3S
IF YOUR MAZZULLA OFFROAD PRODUCT IS MISSING A PART OR HAS A DAMAGED PART, PLEASE CONTACT US OR YOUR INSTALLER IMMEDIATELY. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DISCONTINUE USE OF YOUR VEHICLE AND MAZZULLA OFFROAD PRODUCT UNTIL THE PRODUCT AND VEHICLE IS CORRECTED.
Installation by a certified mechanic is highly recommended.
Please use gloves, safety glasses and protective clothing during the entire handling and installation process.
INSTALLATION NOTE: Do not tighten any of the hardware until desired part location is achieved at the end of the installation. Due to large factory tolerances we have had to create slotted holes on all of the brackets and plates.
- Remove factory plastic valence, fog lights, any support brackets and corresponding hardware. The hardware for the valance is not easily accessible so there are two options for removal. Option one is to remove the bumper for access or option 2 is to cut the plastic and screws off using a metal cutting disc. Option 2 will ruin the factory valance however it will save a considerable amount of installation time.
- Remove the front and bottom factory plastic skid plates.
- Remove the factory tow hooks.
- There are two metal structures underneath each frame rail, removing these is optional and would need to be cut off using a metal removal tool, this step is only recommended for a cleaner look.
- Install the supplied skid plate adapter bracket between the frame rails using the factory hardware. The adapter sits on top of the factory tabs not below.
- Install the new skid plate to the adapter bracket using the supplied 3/8” hex bolts, washers and nuts while re-using the factory hardware on the lower holes. Now slide the differential plate between the chassis and the skid plate and re-use the factory hardware as well.
- Install the valence angle tabs using the supplied 6 mm screws, washers and flange nuts to the existing factory bumper holes. Use the supplied tab location diagram to correspond the correct location for each numbered bracket.
- Attach the new aluminum valence using the supplied 1/4” allen screws, washers and nuts. You will need to slightly hand bend the valence to conform to the large radius of the factory bumper contour. Now adjust the valence plate to achieve the desired gap and tighten all of the valence hardware.
- Now cut the molded plastic fog light/bumper support structure so that it will not hang below your new high clearance valence. You will need to use an electric or air powered cutting tool.
- Tighten the tow hook/light bracket hardware and fog light hardware and adjust to desired position in the valence reveal hole.
- Tighten all of the hardware using a hardware torque chart as well as red lock tight on screws that do not have a locking nut.