MZS-C1-2B & MZS-C1-3B INSTALLATION GUIDE
IF YOUR MAZZULLA OFFROAD PRODUCT IS MISSING A PART OR
HAS A DAMAGED PART, PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY.
A NEW REPLACEMENT PART WILL BE SENT TO YOU.
MON-FRIDAY 9AM-6PM PST
**Please retain this document in your vehicle at all times**
Please read Instructions thoroughly and completely before beginning installation.
Installation by a certified mechanic is recommended.
Mazzulla Offroad is NOT responsible for any damage or failure
resulting from improper installation or modifications.
Safety Warning: Suspension systems or components that enhance the on and off-road performance of your vehicle may cause it to handle differently than it did from the factory. Extreme care must be used to prevent loss of control or vehicle rollover during abrupt maneuvers. Always operate your vehicle at reduced speeds to ensure your ability to control
your vehicle under all driving conditions. Failure to drive safely may result in serious injury or death to driver and passengers. Driver and passengers must always wear your seat belts, avoid quick sharp turns and other sudden maneuvers. Mazzulla Offroad does not recommend the combined use of suspension lifts, body lifts, or other lifting devices. You should never operate your vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Constant maintenance is required to keep your vehicle safe. Thoroughly inspect your vehicle before and after every off-road use.
Installation Warning: All steps and procedures described in these instructions were performed while the vehicle was properly supported on a two post vehicle lift with safety jacks. Use caution during all disassembly and assembly steps to insure suspension components are not over extended causing damage to any vehicle components and parts included in this kit. Included instructions are guidelines only for recommended procedures and are not meant to be definitive.
Installer is responsible to insure a safe and controllable vehicle after performing modifications.
Mazzulla Offroad recommends the use of an OE Service Manual for model/year of vehicle when disassembly and assembly of factory and related components. Unless otherwise specified, tighten all bolts and fasteners to standard torque specifications listed within the OE Service Manual.
Due to payload options and initial ride height variances, the amount of lift is a base figure. Final ride height dimensions may vary in accordance to original vehicle ride height. Always measure the vehicle ride height prior to beginning installation.
PRIOR TO INSTALLATION:
1. Factory service manual is recommended to have on hand.
2. Secure and properly block vehicle prior to beginning installation.
3. Always wear safety glasses when using power tools or working under the vehicle.
4. Modifications to any part will void the warranty associated with that product.
5. Jack up front of vehicle, place jack stands under frame, behind front suspension.
AFTER REMOVING PARTS FROM VEHICLE, SAVE HARDWARE FOR REINSTALLATION.
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU HAVE YOUR VEHICLE’S ALIGNMENT CHECKED WHEN INSTALLING NEW SUSPENSION PARTS.
REFER TO THE VEHICLES FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL FOR TORQUE SPECS
2007-2018 GM/CHEVY TRUCKS COME WITH 3 DIFFERENT TYPES OF SUSPENSION AND YOU WILL NEED TO CONFIRM MAZZULLA PART NUMBERS TO MATCH GM SUSPENSION TYPE ON YOUR VEHICLE:
CAST STEEL – MZS-C1-2B
ALUMINUM – MZS-C1-3B
STAMPED STEEL – MZS-C1-3B
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR VEHICLES SUSPENSION TYPE:
1. Remove wheels/tires.
2. Support lower control arm with floor jack.
3. Disconnect abs wiring and brake line bracket attached to upper control arms.
4. Remove the upper ball joint hardware and disconnect the upper control arm from the spindle upright.
5. At the frame loosen & remove upper control arm cam hardware.
6. Remove factory upper control arm.
7. Cut out the factory service stop shown on the supplied diagram.
8. You’re new Mazzulla Offroad upper control arms come pre-assembled and ready for install. Take note of the hardware location and the order of which the hardware goes together.
9. Install the new upper control arm with the logo facing forward and attach to the frame using the factory cam hardware.
10. Remove the uniball cover and slide the top pin spacer and lower taper pin into the uniball. Anti-seize is recommended.
11. Slide upper control arm with taper pin and spacer into the female taper in the top of the spindle upright. Raise suspension if necessary.
13. Using a ratchet strap, wrap the upper control arm and lower control arm together with tension and tighten the nut on the bottom of the taper pin spacer to 40 ft pounds.
14. Now insert the uca taper pin hardware through the top of the spacer and torque to 80 ft pounds (anti-seize recommended). Place the uniball cover back on the arm and tighten the 4 allen bolts (do not overtighten).
15. Attach the factory brake line using the new supplied allen bolt, you may need to slide the bracket on the line to achieve proper slack. Now use the supplied zip ties to secure the ABS line to the brake line.
Check for taper pin spacer bind. If the uniball cup edges make contact with anything please contact us immediately with pictures of your installation. DO NOT LUBE UNIBALLS, keep clean and dry.
Wheel Alignment/Headlamp Adjustment:
It is necessary to have a proper and professional wheel alignment performed by a certified alignment technician. Align the vehicle to factory specifications. It is recommended that your vehicle alignment be checked after any off-road driving. In addition to your vehicle alignment, for your safety and others, it is necessary to check and adjust your vehicle headlamps for proper aim and alignment.
Vehicle Re-Torque and Safety Inspection:
Upon completion of all services and adjustments performed on your vehicle, and within 50 miles of driving, check to ensure all fasteners and hardware are properly torqued to specification as noted in the vehicles factory service manual.