MZS-C1-2B & MZS-C1-3B INSTALLATION GUIDE
2007-2018 GM 1500 UPPER CONTROL ARM INSTALLATION GUIDE
PART # MZS-C1-2B 2007-2016 CAST STEEL
PART # MZS-C1-3B 2016-2018 ALUMINUM OR STAMPED STEEL
IF YOUR MAZZULLA OFFROAD PRODUCT IS MISSING A PART OR HAS A DAMAGED PART, PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY. A NEW REPLACEMENT PART WILL BE SENT TO YOU.
**Please retain this document in your vehicle at all times**
Please read Instructions thoroughly and completely before beginning installation.
Installation by a certified mechanic is recommended.
Mazzulla Offroad is NOT responsible for any damage or failure resulting from improper installation or modifications.
Safety Warning: Suspension systems or components that enhance the on and off-road performance of your vehicle may cause it to handle differently than it did from the factory. Extreme care must be used to prevent loss of control or vehicle rollover during abrupt maneuvers. Always operate your vehicle at reduced speeds to ensure your ability to control your vehicle under all driving conditions. Failure to drive safely may result in serious injury or death to driver and passengers. Driver and passengers must always wear your seat belts, avoid quick sharp turns and other sudden maneuvers. Mazzulla Offroad does not recommend the combined use of suspension lifts, body lifts, or other lifting devices. You should never operate your vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Constant maintenance is required to keep your vehicle safe. Thoroughly inspect your vehicle before and after every off-road use.
Installation Warning: All steps and procedures described in these instructions were performed while the vehicle was properly supported on a two post vehicle lift with safety jacks. Use caution during all disassembly and assembly steps to insure suspension components are not over extended causing damage to any vehicle components and parts included in this kit. Included instructions are guidelines only for recommended procedures and are not meant to be definitive. Installer is responsible to insure a safe and controllable vehicle after performing modifications.
Mazzulla Offroad recommends the use of an OE Service Manual for model/year of vehicle when disassembly and assembly of factory and related components. Unless otherwise specified, tighten all bolts and fasteners to standard torque specifications listed within the OE Service Manual.
Due to payload options and initial ride height variances, the amount of lift is a base figure. Final ride height dimensions may vary in accordance to original vehicle ride height. Always measure the vehicle ride height prior to beginning installation.
PRIOR TO INSTALLATION:
1. Factory service manual is recommended to have on hand.
2. Secure and properly block vehicle prior to beginning installation.
3. Always wear safety glasses when using power tools or working under the vehicle.
4. Modifications to any part will void the warranty associated with that product.
5. Jack up front of vehicle, place jack stands under frame, behind front suspension.
AFTER REMOVING PARTS FROM VEHICLE, SAVE HARDWARE FOR REINSTALLATION.
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU HAVE YOUR VEHICLE’S ALIGNMENT CHECKED WHEN INSTALLING NEW SUSPENSION PARTS.
REFER TO THE VEHICLES FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL FOR TORQUE SPECS
2007-2018 GM/CHEVY TRUCKS COME WITH 3 DIFFERENT TYPES OF SUSPENSION AND YOU WILL NEED TO CONFIRM MAZZULLA PART NUMBERS TO MATCH GM SUSPENSION TYPE ON YOUR VEHICLE:
CAST STEEL – MZS-C1-2B
ALUMINUM – MZS-C1-3B
STAMPED STEEL – MZS-C1-3B
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR VEHICLES SUSPENSION TYPE:
- Remove the front wheels and tires
- Remove the abs bolt and bracket from the factory upper control arm using a wrench.
- Use a wrench to loosen the upper ball joint bolt and hit the top part of the spindle with a hammer until the ball joint pin separates from the spindle.
- Separate the spindle from the ball joint and remove the two upper control arm bolts that mount the upper control arm to the chassis using a wrench and remove the upper control arm.
- Use a wrench to remove the three upper shock bolts, and the lower shock bolt and remove the shock.
- Now using a metal removal tool, cut out the factory service stop as seen on supplied diagram. This ensures the suspension will have maximum wheel travel for extended off road shocks. This step is mandatory on a vehicles.
- Install the shock and tighten the upper and lower bolts.
- Install the Mazzulla Offroad upper control arm into the factory chassis tabs with the bolts going away from the coilover shock and the logo facing forward.
- Adjust the alignment cams of the upper control arm to the center position and look for contact with the frame pocket while rotating the arm up and down.
- If the control arm contacts the factory chassis tabs while cycling through the travel of the shock, trimming will be necessary. Not all vehicles require this step.
11. Once the control arm does not have any contact with the factory chassis, center the alignment cams and tighten the upper control arm bolts.
- Remove the top uniball cover and slide the lower taper pin into the uniball. Anti-seize is recommended.
- Rotate the upper control arm with taper pin directed down into the female taper in the top of the spindle upright.
- Using a ratchet strap, wrap the upper control arm and lower control arm together with tension and tighten the nut on the bottom of the taper pin spacer to 40 ft pounds.
Mazzulla Offroad is an after market off-road suspension and accessory manufacturer, we produce parts that are installed on factory oem designed applications that were never expected to meet the high demands of off-road conditions. The constant variables in environment or off-road terrain are not manageable by the oem or aftermarket parts. The factory and aftermarket parts will become worn out due to harsh conditions and will need to be maintained frequently. The risk and responsibility for the safety of the driver and occupants will solely be held at the vehicle owners responsibility. The installation of Mazzulla Offroad parts and accessories will need to be performed by a professional. Without proper installation techniques, the parts can fail and cause damage or harm to the vehicle and occupants. Do not purchase or install any Mazzulla Offroad products unless you completely understand these conditions. Mazzulla Offroad suspension systems were designed for OFF-ROAD USE ONLY. This suspension system is not to be modified from its original design in any way. Mazzulla Offroad is not liable nor held responsible for any injury’s or death that can occur from off-road use or as the result of product failure. Customer/driver assumes all liability in assuring that the suspension system is properly installed, maintained, and operating in safe conditions. The following are guidelines for maintaining a safe operating vehicle. Safety and reliability are our number one concern. Visually inspect all equipment for clearance and unusual wear. Regularly clean and inspect equipment such as suspension components, heim joints, bushings and all hardware. Replace items as necessary. All suspension components are available for individual replacement direct from Mazzulla Offroad. We strongly recommend the suspension system be installed by an authorized installation center. Mazzulla Offroad reserves the right to warranty any components that we have determined to be product or material defective. Off-road abuse can damage suspension components. After every installation we recommend checking the torque of all nuts and bolts to assure that the torque has taken after driving 500 miles. Some minor adjustments may need to be made.