MZS-C1-4 INSTALLATION GUIDE
2019+ GM 1500 UPPER CONTROL ARM INSTALLATION GUIDE / PART # MZS-C1-4
IF YOUR MAZZULLA OFFROAD PRODUCT IS MISSING A PART OR HAS A DAMAGED PART, PLEASE CONTACT US OR YOUR INSTALLER IMMEDIATELY. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DISCONTINUE USE OF YOUR VEHICLE AND MAZZULLA OFFROAD PRODUCT UNTIL THE PRODUCT AND VEHICLE IS CORRECTED.
**Please retain this document in your vehicle at all times**
Please read Instructions thoroughly and completely before beginning installation.
Installation by a certified mechanic is highly recommended.
Mazzulla Offroad is NOT responsible for any damage or failure resulting from improper installation or modifications.
Safety Warning: Suspension systems or components that enhance the on and off-road performance of your vehicle may cause it to handle differently than it did from the factory. Extreme care must be used to prevent loss of control or vehicle rollover during abrupt maneuvers. Always operate your vehicle at reduced speeds to ensure your ability to control your vehicle under all driving conditions. Failure to drive safely may result in serious injury or death to driver and passengers. Driver and passengers must always wear your seat belts, avoid quick sharp turns and other sudden maneuvers. Mazzulla Offroad does not recommend the combined use of suspension lifts, body lifts, or other lifting devices. You should never operate your vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Constant maintenance is required to keep your vehicle safe. Thoroughly inspect your vehicle before and after every off-road use.
Installation Warning: All steps and procedures described in these instructions were performed while the vehicle was properly supported on a two post vehicle lift with safety jacks. Use caution during all disassembly and assembly steps to insure suspension components are not over extended causing damage to any vehicle components and parts included in this kit. Included instructions are guidelines only for recommended procedures and are not meant to be definitive. Installer is responsible to insure a safe and controllable vehicle after performing modifications. Mazzulla Offroad recommends the use of an OE Service Manual for model/year of vehicle when disassembly and assembly of factory and related components. Unless otherwise specified, tighten all bolts and fasteners to standard torque specifications listed within the OE Service Manual. Due to payload options and initial ride height variances, the amount of lift is a base figure. Final ride height dimensions may vary in accordance to original vehicle ride height. Always measure the vehicle ride height prior to beginning installation.
PRIOR TO INSTALLATION:
- Factory service manual is recommended to have on hand.
- Secure and properly block vehicle prior to beginning installation.
- Always wear safety glasses when using power tools or working under the vehicle.
- Modifications to any part will void the warranty associated with that product.
- Jack up front of vehicle, place jack stands under frame, behind front suspension.
AFTER REMOVING PARTS FROM VEHICLE, SAVE HARDWARE FOR REINSTALLATION.
IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU HAVE YOUR VEHICLE’S ALIGNMENT CHECKED WHEN INSTALLING NEW SUSPENSION PARTS.
REFER TO THE VEHICLES FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL FOR TORQUE SPECS
- Remove the front wheels and tires
- Remove the abs bolt and bracket from the factory upper control arm using a wrench.
- Use a wrench to loosen the upper ball joint bolt and hit the top part of the spindle with a hammer until the ball joint pin separates from the spindle.
- Separate the spindle from the ball joint and remove the two upper control arm bolts that mount the upper control arm to the chassis using a wrench and remove the upper control arm.
- Use a wrench to remove the three upper shock bolts, and the lower shock bolt and remove the shock.
- Now using pliers, break off the factory metal service stop bracket as seen on supplied diagram. This ensures the suspension will have maximum wheel travel for extended off road shocks. This step is mandatory on a vehicles.
- Install the shock and tighten the upper and lower bolts.
- Install the Mazzulla Offroad upper control arm into the chassis mount and secure using the factory bolts. The Mazzulla logo should be facing forward.
- Remove the top uniball cover and slide the lower taper pin into the uniball. Anti-seize is recommended.
- Rotate the upper control arm with taper pin directed down into the female taper in the top of the spindle upright.
- Using a ratchet strap, wrap the upper control arm and lower control arm together with tension and tighten the nut on the bottom of the taper pin spacer to 80 ft pounds.
- Now insert the top uniball spacer and hardware and torque to 80 ft pounds (anti-seize recommended). Place the uniball cover back on the arm and tighten the 4 allen bolts (do not overtighten).
- Attach the factory abs line using the new supplied allen bolt, you may need to slide the bracket on the line to achieve proper slack.
- Re-install wheels/tires and properly torque the lug nuts. Have a professional alignment performed and re-torque all hardware after 500 miles.
- Check for taper pin spacer bind. If the uniball cup exceeds maximum angularity or makes contact with anything please contact us immediately with pictures of your installation. DO NOT LUBE UNIBALLS, keep clean and dry.
Wheel Alignment/Headlamp Adjustment:
It is necessary to have a proper and professional wheel alignment performed by a certified alignment technician. Align the vehicle to factory specifications. It is recommended that your vehicle alignment be checked after any off-road driving. In addition to your vehicle alignment, for your safety and others, it is necessary to check and adjust your vehicle headlamps for proper aim and alignment.
Vehicle Re-Torque and Safety Inspection:
Upon completion of all services and adjustments performed on your vehicle, and within 50 miles of driving, check to ensure all fasteners and hardware are properly torqued to specification as noted in the vehicles factory service manual.
Mazzulla Offroad is an after market off-road suspension and accessory manufacturer, we produce parts that are installed on factory oem designed applications that were never expected to meet the high demands of off-road conditions. The constant variables in environment or off-road terrain are not manageable by the oem or aftermarket parts. The factory and aftermarket parts will become worn out due to harsh conditions and will need to be maintained frequently. The risk and responsibility for the safety of the driver and occupants will solely be held at the vehicle owners responsibility. The installation of Mazzulla Offroad parts and accessories will need to be performed by a professional. Without proper installation techniques, the parts can fail and cause damage or harm to the vehicle and occupants. Do not purchase or install any Mazzulla Offroad products unless you completely understand these conditions. Mazzulla Offroad suspension systems were designed for OFF-ROAD USE ONLY. This suspension system is not to be modified from its original design in any way. Mazzulla Offroad is not liable nor held responsible for any injury’s or death that can occur from off-road use or as the result of product failure. Customer/driver assumes all liability in assuring that the suspension system is properly installed, maintained, and operating in safe conditions. The following are guidelines for maintaining a safe operating vehicle. Safety and reliability are our number one concern. Visually inspect all equipment for clearance and unusual wear. Regularly clean and inspect equipment such as suspension components, heim joints, bushings and all hardware. Replace items as necessary. All suspension components are available for individual replacement direct from Mazzulla Offroad. Mazzulla Offroad reserves the right to warranty any components that we have determined to be product or material defective. Off-road abuse can damage suspension components. We strongly recommend the suspension system be installed by an authorized installation center. After every installation we recommend checking the torque of all nuts and bolts to assure that the torque has taken after driving 500 miles. Some minor adjustments may need to be made.